Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Lap Quilt

I've been practicing my quilting and used this lovely fabric I found at my local fabric store, Sew LA, to make my second quilt. I made it as easy as I could. 2 yards for the front, 2 yards for the back, and then quilt and bind away! Took only an entire day to make. Still struggling, but thats okay I'm keeping this blanket for those cold days of snuggling on the couch with a good book :)

Still having a lot of trouble with the binding. I think the problem is I don't sew in a straight line and can't maintain the 1/4 in.. or cut the layers together evenly  

AND THEN.. I somehow sewed the binding together the wrong way HAHA.  Oh well. That's why I'm keeping it. 



The finished product in use. Looks cute on my couch.. if you're looking from far away. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment